One of the most common challenges facing many small business owners is knowing what to do next. This often leads to being stuck and non-productive for the business.
If they are a home based business, this is often remedied by cleaning, doing the laundry, going shopping, gardening or doing other household jobs that have no
relation to the business.
Yes, the tasks need to be done but allocating business hours and doing business related activities in those hours matters more.
Here are some business related ideas to help you when you are stuck and don’t know what to do next:
- Call, skype or email a past client and find out if there is anything they need from you.
- Write a blog or article
- Clear up the clutter on your desk to find one forgotten activity or name that you need to contact
- Do some research on trends in your area of business
- Visit your profile on your webpage, LinkedIn or other social media and refresh it
- Review your bookmarked websites to see if you saved something that you can action today
- Pay outstanding bills
- Update your accounts
- Backup your files and folders
- Do a mind map marketing plan for the next 3 months and then put the tasks and actions into your calendar
- Sort out the groups you belong to on social media and either enter a comment or leave the group
- Write a newsletter
- Create a short welcome video and post it to your about page
- Check out a new tool that could make your business less repetitive and more streamlined
- Check with your accountant, lawyer or mentor that everything is up to date for your business and book your time with your mentor to plan for the future
- Hold a board meeting – Tip -you need 5 key roles to succeed in your business – a driver, salesperson, an administrator, 1 or 2 doers (producers), and an advisor (accountant, lawyer or mentor, sounding board). You can hold several of these roles but….not all.
What else do you do? Suggest additional activities in the comments below please.
To your Success