Over the weekend, we moved house. It is part of a major plan made over the Christmas break to get out of our comfort zone and make some major differences in our life and get back on track with plans that got lost many years ago.
In previous blogs, I wrote about moving your body to help get you out of stuck. Take a moment and think about how when you run, dance or even walk, your endorphins kick in and somehow, despite being tired, you seem to be able to think better.
Moving a home may be exhausting but if you follow these tips, it can help you think better,
Tips to Make your Move Successful
- Clean out the junk in your life. This includes tools you never use. Clothes that are worn, dated, old and no longer fit. Old books, old papers, old anything – if you no longer need it find someone who will or RECYCLE it.
- Find a new home for some of your possessions.
- When you pack and unpack, reevaluate EVERYTHING and what use it is to your future.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take lots of mini breaks
- Keep stretching. You are likely to use muscles in a move that have been underused.
- Remember why you are moving – change will get you out of stuck and if your mindset is right, it will definitely help you to EXCEL.
How does moving get you out of stuck?
GRATITUDE: It helps you appreciate what you have. Moving means you rediscover many things you forgot. It helps you remember certain times when you either achieved something amazing or were touched by something as a result of moving on. When you are grateful, it is impossible for you to be stuck.
DEJUNKING: Clearing out the clutter, finding those great things you used to love and forgot, passing on to those who need it more is important. Unless you never shop, never buy unnecessary things when you do shop, the odds are you will have lots of really cool things lurking in your cupboards that you have used maybe once or twice and then…. Oh and a great advantage here is refinding treasure. Be ruthless. New friends can be made when you find someone else who will love it and use it more.
PLANNING: When you find your buried treasurers, you also get to plan, dream and envision a new future for you. And remember that to reach your vision, you need first to create it. Moving is a wonderful opportunity to look at the future. As you look where to move, you plan a different future. As you pack, you look at what you have and what you need and what you can do with all that accumulated wealth. As you change your address, you look at all the contacts you have.
And then there is changing your patterns, many of which keep you stuck:
- Driving to work a slightly different way.
- The way your closet, bathroom and kitchen are set up.
- Where you sit for breakfast, lunch, dinner, watching TV or even showering or bathing.
- How you hang your clothes and how you dress
All of these changes, get you out of stuck because you get out of automatic programs.
I am enjoying the planning how to better serve you.
Here are just a few of the plans for the year ahead.
- Planning new webinars and book to Stop the Success Thieves
- Planning 2 new courses to help ideas become $$$$s
- Completing an NLP basic course
- Writing more blogs for Get out of Stuck, Purposeful Performance, guest blogs and more videos
- Mentoring you
So while moving is expensive and physically exhausting, it is a great way to get out of stuck and excel. And if moving house is not an option, how else can you move. What are you planning for 2013?
Share that in the comments box below. Remember the sharing is a way of moving too, it’s called stepping out of your comfort zone.
Supporting all your future movesRoberta Budvietas, Change Agent