Think about it, when you want to get out of stuck, you can exercise your goose bumps.
The other night Tony Ryan showed me a flyer from a Canadian Recycle company with the title “Exercise Your Goose Bumps”. And I thought what does that mean for people who need to get out of stuck? Now headlines are important to any promotional piece and as this one goes, it makes you look twice. How does one exercise their goose bumps? But what Tony was talking about thinking outside the box or as he said the “dodecahedron”. And when we are stuck we need to think really differently to get out of stuck and excel. We need to raise the goose bumps and purposefully do something out of the normal. You want to do something that scares you but is relatively safe to do. So here are a few ways you can exercise your goose bumps (face your fears and just go for something):
- Sing karaoke with your colleagues
- Make a presentation at a family gathering
- Go to a church of a different religion
- Eat a food you have never tried before and always thought was yucky – but make sure it is prepared by someone who knows how to cook it.
- Wear something that you have never worn before – a type of clothing, a color, a style, a hairstyle, a shoe …
- Read something you have never read before
- Listen to a type of music that is new to you
- Visit a new place, ideally something natural
- Hug a tree,
- Sit on a high rock,
- Walk into the ocean up to your neck (watch those waves though)
- Climb a mountain, jump off a bridge (with bungy cord attached).
- Jump out of a plane
- Fly in a small plane
- Go up in a hot air balloon
- Write a note to someone who hurt you and forgive them
- Visit a person in your neighborhood who you have never met before, especially if you know they are lonely. Bring a bowl of fruit or some fresh tomatoes (ideally from your garden)
- Go visit a rest home and volunteer to read to a lonely resident
- Go visit a sick children’s ward and volunteer to read to the children or do magic or fold origami or entertain them
What else can you think of. I would love to make this a list of 50or even 101 things. so please help me. What can you think of that would exercise your goose bumps, get you out of stuck and have some FUN! Roberta Simplifier, Presenter, Mentor [subscribe2]